At Lakeland Llama Treks we take the privacy of our website users very seriously. Your rights are protected in line with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy and we are fully committed to ensuring that you have the full protection afforded by legislation.
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you need any further clarification do not hesitate to contact us via the email address below.
What information do we collect?
We are committed to respecting the personal data you supply to us. The information we collect will be information that you give to us, relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used in line with your consent. This may include:
- Email address
- Postal address
- Telephone number
- If you contact us via the website, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- Internet Protocol address, details of the web browser you use
We will do our utmost to ensure that such data will be accurate, complete and kept up to date and is only stored for the time period required related to the purposes for which it is required unless formal consent is given to the contrary. Information may be collected via:
- Filling in forms on our site
- Emailing us
- Shopping with us
Shopping with Us
When gaining consent our method will be to:
- Display consent clearly and prominently;
- Ask individuals to positively opt-in, in line with good practice
- Give sufficient information to make a choice on consent.
How we will use your data
The data will only be used by authorised representatives of Lakeland Llama Treks. We may use and process your personal information where you have consented for us to do so. We use information for the purposes of fulfilling your requests; this includes providing you with information that may be of interest to you, to customise content that you see, or for technical website administration. Your data will only be used for marketing purposes via email, web/online, post or SMS if you have opted-in to such use. We will not pass your data to third parties for marketing purposes. We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
Where the data is stored
We store your data on secure storage servers.
Site visitation data
Contact forms and email links
Should you choose to contact us using the contact form or via our email link, none of the data that you supply will be stored by this website or passed to / be processed by any of the third party data processors. Instead the data will be collated into an email and sent to us over the SMTP. Our SMTP servers are protected meaning that email content is encrypted and then the content is decrypted via our local computers and devices.
Whenever personal data is obtained from you, you will have access to information as to how that data will be used and an option to withdraw consent and/or storage of that data at any point. We retain the personal data you provide while as is needed to provide you with information.
Sharing information – our third party data processors
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use a number of third parties to process personal data on our behalf. These third parties have been carefully chosen and all of them comply with the legislation required.
We will report any unlawful data breach of this website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
We may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a prominent notice on our web site. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your personal data is not disclosed to regional/national institutions and authorities, unless required by law or other regulations.
Privacy support and data controller
If you continue to browse and use this website [our ‘site’] you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
Cookies on sites from other organisations
Whilst browsing the website you may notice some cookies that are not related to www.lakelandllamatreks.co.uk This happens when you visit a page with content inserted from a third party. We currently embed links or widgets from the following social networking sites:
- Youtube videos – More information about embedding videos
These websites may place cookies on your computer either when you access certain functionality or a page. We do not control how a third party uses their cookies. You should check these third party websites’ privacy policies for more information about their cookies if you are concerned about this.